Qnuru LED Lights Installed at Balise Lexus
Collins Electric has been on the cutting edge of lighting retrofits for many years. We were the contractor for the world’s first commercial fluorescent lighting installation in 1939. The Springfield Armory was looking for high lighting levels without a high demand for electricity. During World War II there was a concern that the power companies could not keep up with the increased electrical demand caused by factories ramping up for the war effort. The higher efficiency of fluorescents, as compared to incandescence, helped mightily with that objective.
We continue to be pioneers with the latest in school, factory, and institutional fixtures and lamps. Whether you are looking for energy savings through better fluorescent lighting or LED (light emitting diode) technologies Collins Electric will work with your current utility provider to maximize your systems efficiencies and potential rebates.
Please see this feature on a recent LED installation for exterior lighting at Balise Lexus.
Sandri Solar Array
Collins Electric has been on the cutting edge of new technologies since the first commercial fluorescent lighting installation. Collins Electric has begun extensive work installing solar arrays in Western Massachusetts. What began with a 60 KW installation at a supply warehouse in Springfield has evolved into many installations throughout Western Massachusetts, such as Berkshire South, the West Stockbridge Town Hall, Country Curtains, the Hancock Shaker Village in the Berkshires, and the Mass Mutual Life Insurance Headquarters in Springfield, Massachusetts.
As the largest employer of electricians in Western Massachusetts, we can easily satisfy Massachusetts state law regarding the use of licensed electricians for solar installation, no matter how large or how small.
Listed below are some of the completed Energy Efficiency Projects:
- Balise Auto – LED installation for exterior lighting.
- Springfield College Blake Arena – Lighting upgrade to Collegiate competition light levels, intramural Gyms and Racquetball courts.
- Eastern States Exposition – Lighting Retrofits to Better Living Center, Stroh/Young Buildings,
- C Barn/Mallary Arena and Coliseum Buildings
- Mass Mutual – Lighting controls and retrofits, solar panel installation of 150 KW.
- Western Stockbridge Town Offices – Provide installation of 62 KW Roof Mount Solar Panels.
Larry Eagan – (413) 598-1001
George Frantiska – (413) 598-1018
John Anderson – (413) 442-0824